Office of Sustainability Internship Program - *Undergraduates Only*
Institution: Texas A&M University – College Station
Position: Sustainability Outreach Specialist
Type: Intern – 8 to 10 hours/week
Report To: Sustainability Assistant Manager, Office of Sustainability
Pay Rate: Unpaid
Semester: Fall 2017
Sustainability is a growing field that uses a holistic lens to investigate and problem solve the environmental, social, and economic problems that our world faces. The goal of the Office of Sustainability’s Internship Program is to bring people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives together to create a dynamic team that works to create a culture of sustainability at Texas A&M University. The team will focus on increasing the sustainability of practices such as energy and water use, transportation, food services, construction and built environment, purchasing, recycling, and social justice through the development of outreach initiatives and event coordination and by fostering campus partnerships to facilitate institutional change.
- Work with and engage students, faculty, staff, visitors, and the community to create a culture of sustainability at Texas A&M University.
- Aid in the deployment and creation of various student and campus engagement platforms such as campus-wide presentations, videos, outreach through social media, the Sustainability Cam, the Sustainability Pledge, and creation of educational media material.
- Participate, create, and lead outreach activities on campus and at events such as Campus Sustainability Day, Campus Earth Day, and MSC Open House.
- Communicate and educate all parts of campus and broader community on issues of sustainability.
- Gain experience working in an office setting that coordinates with all divisions and departments of campus to help achieve sustainability goals without compromising educational goals or student learning.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Working toward TAMU Bachelor’s Degree
Required special knowledge, abilities, and skills:
Excellent communication and analytical skills. Experience using word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software. Ability to demonstrate a history of how sustainable practices have been incorporated into personal daily living. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others from diverse backgrounds.
Public Speaking, tabling/outreach experience, social media experience, graphic design, video, and/or photography experience.
Sustainability Assistant Manager
Suite 1801 General Services Complex
979.845.1911 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for Application:
- Complete the Office of Sustainability Internship Application.
- Include a cover letter that expresses why you have an interest in this position, what assets you will bring to the office, and why you are a good fit for this role.
- Send completed application, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com.
- Applications open on Wednesday, March 29th and are due by Noon on Friday, April 14th, 2017.