Office of Sustainability Internship Program - *Undergraduates Only*
Institution: Texas A&M University – College Station
Position: Sustainability Outreach Specialist
Type: Intern – 8 to 10 hours/week
Report To: Sustainability Assistant Manager, Office of Sustainability
Pay Rate: Unpaid
Semester: Fall 2019
Sustainability is a growing field that uses a holistic lens to investigate and problem solve the environmental, social, and economic problems our world faces. The goal of the Office of Sustainability’s Internship Program is to bring people from a variety of backgrounds and perspectives together to create a dynamic team that works to create a culture of sustainability at Texas A&M University. The team will focus on increasing the sustainability of practices such as: energy and water use, transportation, food services, construction and built environment, purchasing, recycling, and social justice through the development of outreach initiatives and event coordination.
- Engage students, faculty, staff, visitors, and the community to create a culture of sustainability at Texas A&M University through education and outreach.
- Aid in the deployment and creation of various campus engagement platforms such as presentations, tabling, workshops, videos, outreach through social media, the Sustainability Cam, and creation of educational media material.
- Participate, create, and lead outreach activities at events such as Campus Sustainability Day and Campus Earth Day.
- Gain experience working in a diverse team-based office setting that coordinates with all divisions and departments of campus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Working toward TAMU Bachelor’s Degree
Required special knowledge, abilities, and skills:
Excellent communication, teamwork, and analytical skills. Experience using word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software. Ability to demonstrate a history of incorporating sustainable practices into personal daily living. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others from diverse backgrounds.
Public Speaking, presentation experience, tabling/outreach experience, social media experience, graphic design, video, and/or photography experience.
Sustainability Assistant Manager
Suite 1801 General Services Complex
979.845.1911 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for Application:
- Complete the Office of Sustainability Internship Application.
- Include a cover letter that expresses why you have an interest in this position, what assets you will bring to the office, and why you are a good fit for this role.
- Save documents as Microsoft Word or PDF. Title your documents, if separate, following this format: First Name Last Name Application, First Name Last Name Cover Letter, First Name Last Name Resume. If turned in as one file, title: First Name Last Name.
- Send completed application, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com.
- Applications open on Wednesday, March 20th and are due by 5 PM on Monday, April 8th, 2019. Interviews take place the week of April 22nd, 2019.